Happy Monday! This a super easy recipe for vegan lasagna soup, in the instant pot. You can also customize it with whatever veggies you like. And add as many or as little lasagna noodles as you’d like. It’s incredibly easy to throw together and it’s one of our favorites.
1 tsp oil
1/2 chopped onion
4 cloves garlic chopped
1 cup veggies – peppers, carrots, zucchini *we add more than a cup and I’ve used mushrooms and broccoli before too*
1/4 cup red lentils (uncooked)
1 cup tomato puree (or use any thick tomato paste such as marinara or pasta sauce)
1 to 1.5 cup diced tomato
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp each of onion powder and garlic powder
1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt
2 cups water or veggie broth (2.5 to 3 cups for soupier or if you’re using more veggies) *we use veggie broth*
5 oz lasagna noodles, broken into small pieces (uncooked) *I add 3 or 4 noodles, broken up*
dash of black pepper
pepper flakes to taste
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
Vegan ricotta or mozzarella
1 tbsp tomato paste (optional add in)
1) Heat oil in instant pot on saute mode. When hot, add onion, garlic and pinch of salt. Cook for 2 min, stirring occasionally.
2) Add veggies and mix in. Add red lentils, tomato, salt, italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder and mix in.
3) Add 1 tbsp of tomato paste (optional)
4) Add lasagna noodles and veggie broth and mix in. (make sure to use small pieces and mix them in well bc they tend to stick)
5) Close the lid and pressure cook on manual high for 3 mins. Let the pressure release for 10 minutes. If there is still pressure in the pot, manually release carefully then open.
6) Mix in the black pepper, pepper flakes and nutritional yeast. Taste and adjust flavor.
7) Serve with vegan pesto, ricotta or mozzarella. You definitely need some vegan cheese for more of a lasagna flavor. Pesto adds a lot of good flavor too.
This recipe is based on a recipe I found on veganricha.com
I wrote it out how I make it. I hope you enjoy!